Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Father & Mother

Every child is born with some inherited characteristics. Child’s growth and molding depends upon the environment and the socio-economic conditions. More so, it also depends on the emotional environment of the parents, as how they shape, train and educate the child. I was fortunate and blessed to have had all these. I had very loving parents, very good friends and very amicable social atmosphere around me in my childhood
I inherited honesty and self-discipline from my father and goodness and kindness from my mother. My father, Jainulabdeen and mother Ashamma were widely regarded as ideal couple. I got my first inspirations from my parents.
My father though a deeply religious person, he himself practiced and taught us the goodness in all religion. A lot of people from all religion would come to him for removing their ills and pains. He would chant prayer and dip his fingertips in a bowl of water. People took that water for the sick and invalids to be cured at home. When they come to offer thanks, my father always smiled and asked them to thank the Allah, the benevolent and merciful. My father’s close friend was the high priest of Rameswaram temple, Sri Pakshi Lakshmana Sastry. I remember them seeing in their traditional dresses, discussing the spiritual matters. I had been taught that true reality lay beyond the material world in the spiritual realm , and that knowledge could be obtained only through inner experience
I have throughout my life tried to emulate my father in my own world of science and technology. I have endeavoured to understand the fundamental truths revealed to me by my father.
I always felt convinced that there exists a divine power that can lift up from confusion, misery, melancholy and failure and guide one to one’s true place.
Now, when I think of my loving mother and father, I have all the sweetest loving memories revolve around my mind. I am here because of them. When the time has changed, so many other things have changed with it. But our Indian culture is that of strong bond in relationships that will never change. That makes our homes, happy homes. It is my endeavour to tell the parents to give the children a broad outlook to view the beautiful world from their eyes. Take them away from the narrow walls of caste, creed and religion and develop positive and constructive thoughts in their mind. It is also my endeavour to tell the children that you are hope of our country. Be sincere to your parents, teachers and to the Almighty. … for you have promises to keep.. and dreams to realize

No comments: