Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Quotes About Music

Without music, life would be a mistake
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. ... I get most joy in life out of music.
-- Albert Einstein

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
-- Victor Hugo

Music can name the unnamable and communicate the unknowable.
-- Leonard Bernstein

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
-- Henry David Thoreau

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.
-- Ludwig van Beethoven

An artist never really finishes his work; he merely abandons it.
-- Paul Valery

No comments: